Thursday, December 02, 2010

Writing

Prompt: What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

I think I started a handwritten journal when I was in Junior High. I didn't write regularly until I was in my mid-twenties. In 2000, I started an online journal. I used to write in it and in a handwritten journal everyday but the last few years, I haven't written in either as much as I would like. And I miss it. I feel my mind is more cluttered because I don't write everyday. And when I do have something to write about, it seems to disappear when I finally get a moment to sit down to write.

I know that there are many things in my life I can eliminate to write but not only to write but to create art. And one thing I want to create/manifest is not only time to create art but I want to empty my mind from the clutter banging around that stops me from creating. And I believe writing will help me empty those things out.

That is one reason I really like the idea of Sunday Creative and the Creative Boot Camp. I really thought those would help me. Yet I find myself frozen in this state where all the little negative critics in my head have more space then the positive that allow me to move forward with all the creativity that flows through my head.

I want to create that for 2011.

No comments: