Monday, December 27, 2010

Forgive Myself

This is from the December 22nd Daily OM: "Giving ourselves permission to feel at peace with our past actions is one of the most positive steps we can take toward living a life free from regrets, disappointments, and guilt. The more we are able to remind ourselves that the true path to a peaceful mind and heart is through acceptance of every part of our lives and actions, the more harmony and inner joy we will experience in all aspects of our lives."

You know how you always hear never have regrets? I am a person that disagrees with that statement. I feel sometimes we need to regret our actions to know the magnitude of our mistake and learn from it. There are some significant regrets in my life. And they are ones I have hung on to for a very long time. I have had disappointment in myself. I have carried guilt for all the things said and things done. But in 2011, it is my hope that I can give myself permission to feel at peace.....take steps to forgive myself.

No comments: