Thursday, December 09, 2010

Party

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

I can certainly say that my sister's wedding and her wedding reception at my parents were the parties of my year. I am very grateful that I was able to attend both. We really didn't think we could afford to go to her wedding. And in the end it hit the budget but it was so worth it - to see her get married. My sister looked beautiful. Her dress was almost Marilyn Monroe-like. And my Mom did her flowers and they were beautiful bright orange and yellow.

At my sister and brother-in-law's wedding reception that was held almost a month later at my parents in Minnesota - again my sister looked beautiful. My Mom is the hostess with the mostess so the flowers, the food, the candy bar were great! The candy bar is what it implies - my Mom had several jars of different candies and then little paper bags with April and Joe's names and wedding date on them and people could fill a bag or two of candy up to take home with them as favors. Oh and the other wonderful thing about the reception my other sister made cupcakes - red velvet, coconut and then one other that I am not remembering at the moment. All of them were so good.

As I said above I am just so grateful I was able to attend both. I am glad I was able to see my baby sister marry her love.

No comments: