Sunday, December 05, 2010

Let Go



Prompt: What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

My Uncle and a friend.

My Aunt and Uncle gave me the key when I was a young girl. I adored it right from the moment I took it out of the package. I love keys and it just was such a special gift to me. I wore it all the time. And then one day it got tucked away as I didn't want to lose it. Every so often over the years I take it out and look at it with fond memories. But it gets tucked away safely again. Well in my last move I couldn't find it. And shortly after my Uncle died, I went on a reorganizing my studio kick. I have an old jewelry box in here with jewelry I had been meaning to go through for some time - hoping to find some pieces to use in art. So while reorganizing I found my key in that jewelery box. I now have it hanging in my studio so I see it everyday and remember all the people I love.

No comments: