Monday, December 06, 2010

Make

Prompt: What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

I am working on an art journal type project that came from therapy actually. I am using a file folder that I rubbed paint all over it - inside and out in blues, purples and reds so it looks like a bruise (my therapist pointed that out to me as I didn't notice that at first - I just knew I wanted darker colors for it). And then I am doing a collage inside and out. Outside how others see me and inside how I feel and how I see myself. I have most the inside done and I asked friends to describe me in a few words so I can use those as inspiration for the outside. I also started a present for Michael for Christmas which of course I am not going to talk about here until after Christmas.

I want to finish Michael's present. I want to make some more gratitude journals. And then my list goes on and on. I have a notebook where I write all my ideas down and I have many that are waiting to be worked on.

One thing though I want get ready for the new year is an art inspiration jar. It will have slips of paper in it that say anything and everything from - gesso a canvas, prepare a few backgrounds on pages in an art journal, cut up magazines for collage materials, prepare tins, give 30 mins to a soul collage card, use the letter T for inspiration, use something you saw outside today as inspiration for your art journal and so on and so forth. I have pages and pages of ideas that I need to just print and cut. Also I am going to decorate a jar to put them in and when I am lacking focus or inspiration then at least I can pull something from the jar to at so that I give some time to art.

No comments: