Wednesday, December 01, 2010

One Word

Prompt: One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

The first word that came into my mind to encapsulate 2010 is PAIN. It has been an extremely hard and painful year. I don't think I want to go through all the things explaining, pondering everything that caused pain and struggles in 2010 but death played a big part of 2010. So maybe the better word is grief but combined with all the other struggles of 2010 - pain fits. Of course I recognize that there were many good points and highlights to 2010 too. And some of the consequences of those pains and struggles created some positive things. One of those positive things is I was able to visit my family quite a lot in 2010.

I have all the words of 2010 popping into my head. So I am going to list this year in words. Not explaining the words just listing words...

death - finances - stress - no focus - snow storm - curves - anger - lost - arguments - drama - tinnitus - old movies - Eat Pray Love - alone - sadness - tears - failure - masks - food - God - flood - fast - hopeless - travel - family - health - insomnia - devastation - cluttered - disorganized - therapy - depression - numb - emotional roller coaster - migraines - North Carolina - health - sister's wedding - Chloe Jo

So now what do I want my word for 2011 to be - again first word that came to my mind is BALANCE. I would love for my life to have more balance. I feel like I am tipped over and now I want to stand up and find balance in my life. I want to discover who I am and what I want. I am feeling very out of touch with myself. I want to ground myself and allow myself to be more present in each moment of the day. Be active in selecting my thoughts and feelings because I know what the moment is - really.

I am going to be manifesting BALANCE in my life for 2011.

No comments: