Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reading List for 2007 - so far

These are the books I can remember that I have read this year. Last year my depression was so bad that I just couldn't concentrate enough to read - so I made it a goal to complete 25 books this year. And I made it over my goal and just enjoying reading again. The books with links are to entries that I made about the book.

1. Collage Discovery by Claudine Hellmuth (this link goes to my art journal)
2. Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Walters
3. Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton
4. The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber
5. Artists' Journals & Sketchbooks by Lynne Perrella
6. Creative Utopia: 12 Ways to Realize Total Creativity by Theo Stephan Williams
8. Kink by Kathe Koja
9. Suicide Blonde by Darcey Steinke
10. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo - I really enjoyed the story. This is the first time I really have read one of his books and not felt I learned something after. This was just enjoying the story unfold
16. He, She, It by Marge Percy - EXCELLENT book! If you like anything set in the future - this book was very interesting. If you like history also you will like this book as it does go through Jewish history of 1600 Prague.
11. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
12. Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond The Unexpected by Claudine Hellmuth
13. My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
14. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
15. Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton - I have been a fan of her books for quite a while but the last one I read number 3 on my list was really not interesting at all. Although I like sex, her book was sex from start to finish and no plot ever coming to the surface. So to recapture the reason I really liked the books I decided to start back at the beginning of the series and go through them again. I missed one book as I loaned that someone several years ago and they never returned it.
16. Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton
17. Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton
18. Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton
19. Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton
20. Burnt Offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton
21. Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton
22. Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton
23. Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton
24. Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton
25. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kid
26. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kid - yes again
27. URGENT 2nd CLASS by Nick Bantock
28. Griffin & Sabine by Nick Bantock
29. Sabine's Notebook by Nick Bantock
30. The Golden Mean by Nick Bantock
31. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
32. Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
33. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova --- really good book about Vlad. I really liked reading the letters. I really liked the fear created at the beginning.
34. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
35. The Living Blood by Tananarive Due -- the sequel to number 19. It really didn't grab me like the first book - at first. But about mid-way through then it became a page turner for me.
36. Lucky by Alice Sebold - it is her own story of when she was raped - I am not sure how I feel about it yet
37. Book Arts by Mary Kaye Seckler
38. The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton - yay! So much better then the last book (number 3 on my list)
39. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - going to start tonight

No comments: