Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Gratitude

Doing the letter O for my Friday Gratitude...

~ O ~

open-mind - I am thankful for having an open-mind and for those around me who are open-minded. I am glad there are so many people willing to consider ideas and opinions that are new or different to their own.
open - I guess is the same as above but I think being open means a slightly different things. I think of being open to things coming into my life, open to with feelings and thoughts, people, things so that you can fully experience all that life brings. I am thankful for being open.
opal - Mysterious, complex, delicate, and sparkly and I am thankful they are my birthstone.
October - which brings us to October not only the month of my birth but also my favorite month of the year. And I would like to think it is not because it is just my birthday but I really love what October seems to bring to the year...the autumn weather at it's peak. The smell, the cool air, the fall harvest so the foods...just so many wonderful things that come about in October.
oil pastels - as an artist I like using oil pastels at times. I just pulled them out recently as I hadn't used them in a long time. And I loved the smell and the feel of them in my hand and the feel of them as they pressed and marked the surface below them.
Oreo Cookies - Oh Oreo cookies and a big glass of milk sound splendid! I love taking them apart and liking the white creamy center and then munching on the crunchy cookie after. Or seeing how long they will last before breaking into bits when dunked in a glass of milk. And then eating all the mushy cookies out of the bottom of the glass! Yummy Oreos!
Olive Oil - I love to cook with olive oil. And thankful for all the wonderful things I cook with it.
Oven - I love to bake and cook so I am very thankful for the oven that cooks so many yummy meals and treats!
Ornaments - I have written about my set of Christmas tree ornaments. I love Christmas and decorating the tree with Michael. We hang each ornament and talk about the memories associated with them. Each representing a wonderful memory. With fall on its way means Christmas is coming too.
Opportunities - Thankful for all the opportunities that I have daily in my life...be it my relationship with Michael, my art, or just little simple everyday things....such enjoying dinner with Michael. I am thankful for all opportunities in my life.
Ordinary - I am thankful for the ordinary things in life...they are simple and everyday but make up so much of the journey and so in that way are extraordinary.
Orange - I do like th color orange and am grateful for the inspiration it gives me and comes through in various ways in my life.
organic - the Ideal Bite to live a greener life. I do like organic. It isn't always possible as it does cost more but I thankful for those that make organic products.
okay - I am thankful for being okay. I think okay is sometimes overlooked. We want everyday to be great - wishing we had that new relationship energy everyday but we forget that hey today was okay. It wasn't horrible - but I am here I made it...I had some good things in it. And I lived my life today.
ocean - I am thankful for the ocean I have only seen it once but it was an amazing experience and I am thankful for memory.
old things - I am thankful for old things, old looking things...I use lots of old letters, photos, hardware, postcards, books in my art so I like old things
online - I am thankful for being able to be online - blogging, chatting with friends, emailing, shopping, playing...so many things to do!

No comments: