Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Up at 6AM?

Monday was crazy busy and I suspect today will be too. We ran a ton of errands yesterday morning and when we got home I made a brochure for a class Michael taught last night. After we got home though Michael and I both felt like we had been hit with a truck. I ended up being bundled up in my fleece robe and wool socks drinking down some airborne - just in case.

At 2am I woke up with a really bad tension headache/migraine. I thought it was just because I was so tired when went to bed last night but by 3am I realized it wasn't going away so got up made some toast and took some meds. But now at 6am I am awake. The meds have caffeine in them and normally caffeine doesn't affect me but in this it does at times.

It is 9/11 today and I really don't feel it like I have in years past. I am thoughtful but I am not feeling the intense sadness I usually feel but maybe I am too tired and my headache is all I can handle at the moment.

Picked up some library books in our running around yesterday morning. I found a series but of course it isn't the first one and I am really the type of girl that likes to start at the beginning. But they didn't have the first one....wondering if anyone read them though to tell me if reading one out of order would really screw me up. The book is The Bitten by L.A. Banks (link to the website about the books). Vampire book again. I saw on my way to check out in the new books section - that there is a new(er) book in the series. I picked it up and looks like it has quite a few books in the series so might be fun to read them. I liked what I read on the back of the book so I guess I will see. I also got 2 book that I had reserved so I will start with those and might not even get to the LA Banks book before they are due. Uggh just did a search on the library's website and they have the 4th book which is the one I have (The Bitten) and then they have the 6th (The Damned) and then The Wicked which is the 2nd to last in the series (so far). And that is it. They don't have the whole series. So maybe I will need to read this one and see how if I like it enough to add them to my wish list of books. The same has happened with the Kelley Armstrong books too. They had the first book but no others in our library system.

Today we have to go out and film. And then run a few more errands. I really need to kick some ass on the scanning project.

Sunday I made this Mexican Chicken Stew in the crockpot...it made me all excited for cooking fall/winter dishes in it. I love the crockpot. The dish I made on Sunday...I sliced chicken into about 1 inch strips, coated them with a little taco seasoning and flour threw them into the crock, added half a bag of stir-fry veggies (peppers and onions), one can of diced tomatoes with the juice, one can green diced chilis, 3/4 cup salsa, one can of beans (would have liked 2 cans one pinto one black bean but didn't have both kinds). I cooked it in the crock for 6 hours and then served it over rice - topped with cheese and sour cream. It was very tasty!

Well feeling tired again...so going back to bed for a few hours before needing to get up and film.

(cropped image from artwork by Kurt Halsey)

No comments: