Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Blog Entry - *woots*!

Okay..

Don't get too excited now. I know I haven't been very good at updating on here as Darby has been much more productive in the blogging department around here for quite some time. The summer is slowly escaping our grasp and yet - we've been so incredibly busy around here lately that we're putting in extremely long days and they have all blurred together.

I've been spending much of the last month in Denver working on a real intense project over there. The project ended - and while the outcome was unfortunate, the ultimate "where does it go from here" scenario does appear that I have crafted out a pretty good niche in the area of consulting.

Which brings me to the video project we've been scrambling on the last few days. A lot of filming to produce a small 6-7 minute short demonstrating what can be done about mitigation video work. The project is a free one - as mainly to showcase what is possible in the area of combining the visual element with court cases. I was asked by the Indiana Public Defender to produce this video and I wrapped it up after a mad-dash of filming and editing. All told - it took much LONGER to film the various pieces than it did to edit the video. Which tells me that my editing skills are getting faster, or that I'm filming more so that I can create a more diverse video project. In all - I think the video is good, but not a perfect representation of what I can do. It's hard to construct something from nothing - but always remember that there's a good fiction writer in all of us.

Thankfully that brings me back to today (Saturday - yes, even though this will be posted in a few minutes before 2:00am.) We've been needing a day to ourselves, so we're going to load up the Mariner and head down to Delta to play around down there for the day. My girl is already busting her buttons at the prospect of going to Dollar Tree as it's been several weeks (if not months) since we went down there.

The nights are finally getting cooler - which means fall is right around the corner. In many ways it seems like it's getting here much faster this year - but considering how we were doing last year - I'm just grateful that we have our health this time around.

Actually the entry comes almost out of guilt after giving a class on BLOGGING and then needing to confess that I'm the world's WORST blogger because I simply can't seem to wrap the fingers on the keyboard long enough to hammer out an entry.

So not only do you get an entry to read, you'll also (metaphorically) hear Darby's squeal of delight coming from the next room as she applauds the fact that I've posted my first post on here in a really long time.....

Until later....
-Michael

1 comment:

Darby said...

Oh my I think I fell out of my chair seeing you post! :) Thank you for posting - I love you!