Monday, September 24, 2007

A Quick Break

I am taking a little break to have an apple. I have one of those things that you put on the apple and then push down and it sliced the apple into nice wedges. I love that thing! I have been working on art in between chores today. But I can't begin to explain how good it felt to have my hands covered in glue, paint and then fanning through paper and various ephemera. I just popped in Narnia the DVD player and will get back to more art after I post this entry.

I am washing clothes and starting to make lists of what we need to bring on our trip but having problems as we will probably be in 2 to 3 climates. There has been snow in the mountains. And it is probably starting to feel like fall in Denver - though not quite yet here but close. And then Louisiana will probably be warmer then it is here. We have a ton of equipment to bring with us so I need to pack very efficiently so bring ton of clothes is not an option.

I made kind of an Italian stew on Thursday....combined great northern beans, browned ground Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, basil, garlic, onions, green & yellow peppers, chicken stock and cooked in the crock for 6/7 hours about 30 minutes before serving I added some cooked elbow noodles. The sausages I use come from Sam's and they have so much flavor that they flavored it a lot. Topped with some grated Parmesan cheese. And served with homemade French bread. It turned out pretty good. Michael said it is a keeper.

No comments: