Friday, September 07, 2007

Catching Up...

Still feeling pretty icky and add to it a migraine for today. yay me! (yes heavy sarcasm) Good thing my lungs don't feel as heavy. I have been taking airborne several times a day. And I think it has stopped it from going to full blown flu/cold. But I am still not feeling great. Everything seems to make me tired quickly. I unloaded the dishwasher this morning but didn't have the energy to load it so will do that in a bit.

I finished The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I liked it. I might even be compelled to read it again but there were a few things that bothered me about it. I like how it started....I liked it coming from the girl's point of view and I liked the fear that it instilled in the beginning. But that fear faded and didn't hold through the book to me. And the girl's view was kind of lost after her and her father's trip to Oxford. I still was interested in seeing where the story went. It didn't lose me as a reader. I still wanted to turn that next page to see what was going to happen. I just wished it would have been more consistent in weaving her in to the story.

I just went to the library's website and requested The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton (there is a waiting list on that one), Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Luckyby Alice Sebold and The Living Blood by Tananarive Due.

I really didn't think I would pick up another of Laurell K. Hamilton's after the last book but I have read that she has come back to the plots her fans really enjoy. (crossing my fingers that is true.) Outlander, I have never read but it has been suggested to me a few times over the years and recently by a good friend. I tried to find it last time I was at the library - it showed in but wasn't on the shelf. So I am crossing my fingers they find it for me. Lucky is by the same author of The Lovely Bones which I really liked. But this is the author's personal story and again I couldn't find that on the shelf even though it said it was in last time. The Living Blood is the sequel to My Soul to Keep which I really enjoy. I read that in about 24 hours because I couldn't put it down. And how it ended I was really glad to find a sequel because I wanted to know more. That is at another branch so they will send it to library.

Michael just got another video project that needs get started this weekend. So looks like this weekend will be getting busy so we can get the shots we need to so he can edit next week. And I need to get back to the scanning project. We have several websites in the process of being designed. We leave for Louisiana the end of the month and the scanning project is for another video that will need to be done by the time we leave for Louisiana. I will write about our Louisiana trip more later. I have never been to Louisiana and so kind of looking forward to going someplace I have never been....an adventure!

No comments: