Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Zig Zag

  • This week is doctor week. I had an appointment Monday, then I had one today and one tomorrow. Nothing wrong with me just follow ups appointments.
  • I have been having some computer problems and we really don't know what is going on but after a while my computer screen starts to get shaky wiggle lines on all the edges...like around the icons, the side bars on websites, any program I have open that has different panels the edges zig zag. At times it is so bad I can't read what is on the screen as it moves around so much. Michael has tried several different things and so far what he the other night is working. But the problem is so sporadic we aren't calling it fixed yet. But I am crossing my fingers.
  • I haven't had one diet coke in 8 days. I am not even getting headaches from withdrawal. I actually have been kind of lucky lately and not had a lot of migraines. I had one kind of bad one and then 2 that started but I took something and they went away. So I don't usually count those as they went away! So one bad one in 2 weeks is great. And yes it has been the same timing as quiting diet coke. In the past I did a test to see if it was one of my triggers and I really couldn't link it. But I know my chemistry changes as I get older.
  • I am loving the book I am reading right now. I know I mentioned it before but it is just such curious and intriguing book that I am going to post about it again. I am reading He, She and It by Marge Percy. It is set in a futuristic earth and I love the details of the Earth she describes. I love the free towns and the corp towns leave little to be desired. The book has the story of the futuristic Earth but then it also has a character retelling a story of Judah Loew ben Bezalel the Maharal of Prague who created a golem. I really would like to know how accurate the story is in the book. Here is what the snippet on Amazon says: "In the middle of the twenty-first century, life as we know it has changed for all time. Shira Shipman's marriage has broken up, and her young son has been taken from her by the corporation that runs her zone, so she has returned to Tikva, the Jewish free town where she grew up. There, she is welcomed by Malkah, the brilliant grandmother who raised her, and meets an extraordinary man who is not a man at all, but a unique cyborg implanted with intelligence, emotions--and the ability to kill"
  • I have been baking and cooking a lot lately. I made bread that I need to get pictures and recipe over on my cooking blog. It turned out very yummy! It was a new recipe and not only made wonderful creme brulee French toast but also toast for breakfast this week. The bread has maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, oatmeal, brown sugar.....and all those things gave it a great flavor and texture. I also made whole wheat bread sticks last week and although they tasted -ok- they weren't a keeper. It made a huge stack of them! Plus I made cookies last week but those didn't turn out pretty. They TASTED great! But they are something I try again but with some baking powder to help them raise up a little more here in the altitude. We picked up a pork roast a few weeks ago that was on sale. It was 50% off but they only had ONE left and it was 8 lbs! OMG the thing was HUGE! I basically cut it in half and did half in the oven and half in the crock. And then wrapped up 5 packages of cooked meat to put in the freezer plus we got 3 meals out of the left overs this week. I shredded some and I want to mix it with some green chilies, onion, garlic, cumin and black beans and put it in tortillas. I also did a pretty good slab that I will make pork fried rice with and then not sure what I will do with the other packages yet.
  • No comments: