Wednesday, April 16, 2008

thoughts meander like a restless wind

The second day in a row that I was up before 7am. Yesterday we ran to a nearby town to deliver some work Michael did for a client. Today the water is supposed to be turned off for repairs in the area so I needed to be up to get a shower in and such before they turned it off. At the moment I am feeling very tired and out of it. And slight headache but that might be from being over tired as I didn't sleep well last night.

The wind here yesterday was horrible so it caused me to have 3 asthma attacks with everything floating in the air. And my inhaler isn't really working. My asthma has changed over the years but this year it seems like it was when I was first diagnosed with it. It just feels the same. So that means I need a different inhaler yet it probably won't be covered so just annoys me to think about it.

Sometimes I wonder where my brain ends up. Yesterday after getting back in town we went grocery shopping. I made the list the night before. One of the reasons we needed to go grocery shopping was so I could pick up ingredients for the cheesecake I am making to bring to a dinner party on Friday. So we are in the grocery store and what do I realize I didn't put on the list - any of the ingredients for the cheesecake. And it is a cheesecake I haven't made in a while so of course I can't remember what was needed off the top of my head. Grrrr

Michael has to pick up some paintings from an artist to photograph so when we go out to do that we will pick up the ingredients I need for the cheesecake.

We also need to go by the library as I finished Specials last night. The end reminded me kind of The Matrix. Tally's little speech just reminded me of a couple of things Neo said. I requested 3 books through the library's website but only 2 books are ready. The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe is ready and probably the book that I will read next. I want to read that and Prince Caspian before the movie comes out. I haven't read that series since I was 8 or 10 - I can't remember when it was for sure but I remember liking it as a little girl. I liked the Narnia movie too so thought I might as well re-read that series at least those first 2 books before the next movie comes out. (I still need to read the 3rd book in His Dark Materials series but was frustrated with the 2nd book that haven't gotten around to it.) I also requested the next two books in the Earth Children series. Of course the 3rd one is ready and the 2nd in transit.

Ever since watching Across the Universe I have had Beatles songs stuck in my head. Michael got me the soundtrack and we listened to it yesterday. I wanted to sing with it and did a little bit but with the asthma attacks I really wasn't able to. But it hasn't stopped the songs from playing inside my head all day long.

Michael is teasing me because I made sure all the water bottle were filled and have extra water for washing hands and brushing teeth available too. He says things like no more water for us ever again.....you know we live in a desert...feeling a little parched...and so on an so forth teasing about the water being off. He is playing like a perfect drama Qu...umm...King. ** edited to add: The cats are acting frisky today playing and such nothing and Michael said they are rioting because of the water. ***

I suppose I should try to get some more work done. Bah.

No comments: