Monday, April 21, 2008

nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time

Friday - Dinner with friends went really quite well. I still always get nervous around Michael's friends even though I have been here for 5 years. But the two couples we shared the evening with are without a doubt some of my favorite people here in Junction. Our host and hostess can make anyone feel at ease. And then the other friends are just so down to earth and have been really good friends to us. I know that I can call them while Michael is out of town and they would be here to help me out with anything.

The food as always was excellent. Grapes and candied walnuts on the salad and then barbecue ribs with an Asian bbq sauce were my favorites. When my dessert was served you literally could of heard a pin drop and then a moment after that first bit there were happy food noises (a wonderful phrase given to me by a good friend.) I am thankful it turned out so well.

Saturday - Michael had some work to do in the morning and then after we went for a brief stop at the Arbor Festival. And then we came home to have some lunch before heading to a nearby town to the Dollar Tree. It is a nice drive so just a nice time spent with Michael talking. On the way back into town we stopped at the liquor store and picked up a take-n-bake pizza. We had a nice relaxing evening.

Sunday
- Brunch which is something we do together. While cooking, we sang to Across the Universe soundtrack. And then unfortunately we had to get some work done so we worked the rest of the day. Stopping for a quick dinner and then back to work. I watched one of my favorite movies while working - Giant with Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean. That was the last movie James Dean did before dying. They wrapped up shooting and 3 days later he died in the car accident.

Today - We had quite a few errands to do before Michael leaves tomorrow for Denver. As always with Mondays - they seem to be the day Michael thinks will go slow and then he gets lots of odds-n-end calls. A friend called with computer problems and these are good friends so Michael said since we were out and about anyway we would stop by. He got that working again and then we finished up our errands. While at the friends, they had another friend stop by with their new puppy. He was SO cute! It was a lab so the huge paws and just so darn cute. Made me miss having a dog. And of course made me think of Cali quite a bit.

No comments: