Monday, April 07, 2008

Michael Moore's Sicko

This is seriously not intended as a pun but I feel ill after watching Sicko. I knew lots of things Moore talked about such as so many Americans without health insurance (waving hand to be included in that number). And I have heard of people dying because their insurance refused to pay for care for them. I hadn't heard about hospitals calling cabs for patients to be dropped off in front of missions because they weren't insured or ran out of insurance money for the hospital stay although clearly still in need of medical attention. But it all makes me physically ill really seeing it. We live in a seriously screwed up country. I don't believe universal health care is probably perfect but it can't be worse then our system....it just can't. It can't...it just can't.

No comments: