Friday, April 04, 2008

somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly

Yesterday and today were really productive. I have a few more things I wanted to do today, but I think it is going to have to wait until tomorrow. I have been busy cleaning mostly. I have been doing some work and helping Michael out with paperwork too but spring cleaning is still going on for me. This afternoon I went to our "junk drawer" - you know the draw many people have in the kitchen that has everything under the sun in it. Well I went to the draw as I thought I saw superglue in there once upon a time and needed it to do some surgery on a lampshade. But of course I couldn't find anything because it is a junk drawer. So that made me empty it all out and used the spare little bins (that I had picked up for my studio actually) to organize it. So now everything is nice and neat. I wish I would have had taken a before picture. And maybe post it somewhere as reminder that I don't want it to get that bad again (umm crossing fingers as I type that) - I can dream right?

This morning we were getting ready to go grocery shopping and Michael suggested I go by the library to get the book that was on hold for me and also return Eat Pray Love. Well I was having a hard time parting with it so Michael revealed that he was going to surprise me by getting the book for me but to lessen the trauma of returning it to the library he decided to tell me. Before grocery shopping we ran to Sam's to get it. So now I have a copy I can highlight and underline to my hearts content. Thank you Michael!

I also have been craving jelly beans but we didn't get any during Easter. So of course it is harder to find them other then Jelly Belly beans and although they are very good I was just craving a regular jelly bean. But Michael found a bag when we were grocery shopping so he picked those up for me too.

In addition to the book and jelly beans, something else was on the calendar for today to make it a good day. BSG! From 6pm until 9pm we have been in front of the tv. We watched the last 2 episodes of the last season of Battlestar Galactica and then of course the first one of this season aired tonight so we had to watch that too. I am just so damn excited about this season. We watched a couple little special they had on Sci-Fi last week about BSG that made me think about the first season of BSG. Michael was watching it by himself at first as I really didn't think I would have an interest in it. Michael is hard of hearing so our tv is usually fairly loud so even though I wasn't watching I could hear it in the next room so I listened. After several episodes, I finally had to start watching as it just really got my attention. So I became a Battlestar Galactica fan. A week seems like such a long time to wait for the next episode. A WHOLE WEEK! Grrr!

(title line is from a Beatle song - I am kind of obsessed with them again since watching Across the Universe - I am so tired tonight I feel like I am answering quite slowly)

No comments: