Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning


Yesterday was the start of spring cleaning for me. I did most of the kitchen. Cleaned out cupboards and wiped everything down. A pen exploded in the holder that sits in the kitchen so that was a fun mess to clean up. Yesterday I got the bill folders organized. So things are progressing pretty good this week although tonight I am having a pretty bad coughing attack. Tomorrow I want to work on the bedroom. But I also have to do some graphic work - designing a business card/stationary. The client is actually purchasing 2 of the logos that we did because she liked both 2 out of the bunch we did for her. I also have 3 websites to be working on too. So busy as always with work. And as always I am thankful for that.

In cleaning I put out a tea set that was my Grandmother's. It has a little teapot with wicker handle and then 6 little cups. The kind of cups that you get oriental restaurants when you order tea - no handles just small little cups. Two of the cups have chips in them. But in putting it out with all the tags the bottom it made me realize that I have quite a few things from my Grandmothers that I don't use because I am scared of ruining them or breaking them. Like all the linens my Grandmother gave me -- I just don't want to ruin them. But most of the stuff sits in a cupboard out of view. Oh a few of the teapots are on display but just no room for all of them. But it bothers me that they are not used but at the same time I don't feel I can use them for fear of breaking them or ruining them. I want that little piece of them around for a long time.

(the photo isn't of the teapot I described but one of the teapots that was my Grandma's - has tags on it and was given to my Grandparent's for their wedding June 1949)

No comments: