Sunday, December 02, 2007

Time - Yesterday, Today and This Week

Michael and I had work yesterday that required us to be up at 5:30am. That was a little insane. We worked really hard plus the room where we were working -- the heat was broken so it was 85 degrees which is quite warm for when just sitting but we weren't just sitting we were working are asses off. On our way home we stopped for Chinese take out so that we could just go home and collapse. We ate and then took showers as we were beyond the expiration date of our deodorant. After showers, we just relaxed and watched movies. We watched the animated version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I was singing along with the songs -- it was fun! And a nice way to unwind after a long day.

It was our annual parade of lights here in Grand Junction but we knew after having such a busy morning there is no way we would be able to make it. And thank goodness we didn't as the weather got horrid just as it would have been starting last night. Ice hitting the windows and forming on our deck. Baby it's cold outside!

Today I have been doing some cleaning and then one of my eyes all of sudden started acting up. I am still having problems with. It was like the lids stuck to the eye so when I opened my eye it felt like ripping across my eye. Michael looked at the eye after - so did I and it looked fine but at one point today the only time it felt okay was closed. It is like a film is over at at times and also is pretty red tonight. I have been having allergy issues and goopy eyes so not sure if it is related.

This week is going to be very busy for me. Tomorrow I am going to start Christmas decorating. I am sure with other things I have to do I won't get it all done. So I will finish it up on Tuesday. Tuesday we need to do some grocery shopping and I need to finish shopping for his birthday. And then Wednesday finish any cleaning and get ready for Michael's parents to arrive on Thursday. It is Michael's birthday Thursday. I am not sure what I am going to make for dinner on Friday but most of the other meals are planned. Though we did get an email from Michael's parents tonight saying lots of snow in the forecast for the week so that could mean they won't make it over the mountains to our side. Either way my plans for this week will still be busy.

Well I am off to finish cleaning the refrigerator and then fold clothes. We are recording Tinman but probably won't watch it until after all 3 parts are recorded. While I fold clothes, I am going to watch Project Runway as I haven't watched this past weeks episode yet.

Exciting I know.

all the above was written early in the evening...I just forgot to hit post.

What else can I babble on and on about...

We have a new Goodwill here that seems like really well run operation. They have a drive up which is great. People meet you to help carry in your stuff and have real receipts (other place just hands you a little slip with their name on the top and lines to fill out what you brought). We got rid of so much -- it was nice to get rid of it. We were trying to find out if there was a local coat drive too as we have 11 coats and jackets but we couldn't find one. So those will need to be dropped at Goodwill now too.

I am reading the 4th book in the Outlander series. I also have the 2nd book in His Dark Materials series. But I am really enjoying the 4th book. I love that Brianna is in this one. I really hope that continues on as it seems like it might. I am only a little ways into the book yet so don't know how much she is there. But enjoying it so far. I am actually thinking I will go read a bit before bed.

I feel really tired today but I don't know why I do.

No comments: