Sunday, December 02, 2007

Shared the same Birthday...

Online world...I have been online for over ten years. There are many things about my first internet experiences I wish I could change. They weren't very positive. But I am still thankful for the internet. Michael and I connected that way at first. Many other people I count as very good friends offline were first encountered online. Because of the internet I am able to share my art. And I am not sure I would have ever gotten up the courage to do that offline to galleries and just friends and family if I hadn't had this place first. So there have been some positives too.

I am also blessed to have the internet now after moving from Cleveland where I had big social circle and schedule to a smaller town where I don't - has been a hard thing for me. I love all the quality time Michael and I have but I do need friends and other types of relationships. So right now the internet has been that place where I can stay connected to friends from offline and far away and also with just people I have met online through blogs, forums, elist and such.

Someone I have known online died today. I had known her through various elists and such for quite a while...6 or 7 years but didn't know her well. She shared my birthday but actually 3 years younger. It was just shocking to refresh my daily reads and see her husband's announcement. It sounds like it was sudden - nothing as far as I knew was wrong health wise. Her husband hasn't posted how it happened. My thoughts are with her husband and family but I am just still a little shocked by the news. And I wasn't even close to her -- but... it still is very sad to know she isn't here anymore. My thoughts are with her friends and family...and her animals. She was an animal rescuer and had over 25 animals at her place....so I know they will miss her too.

No comments: