Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Baking Upon Us

It is getting that time to bake so today when we went to the grocery store I picked up lots of baking supplies. I think though I am still suffering from sticker shock over the eggs. Eighteen eggs $2.93. Ouch!

I usually try something new every year sometimes those things don't get made again. Sometimes they get on the permanent list.

This is standard every year...
Sour Cream Cookies
Foolproof Fudge
Cardamom Butter Cookies - I roll out to do cutout cookies
Chocolate Caramels
Molasses Cookies
Festive Bark

Then I made these last year and they were a big hit so I am going to do those again...CC Peppermint Cookies - chocolate chip cookie recipe with 1 1/4 cup crushed peppermint bark.

And I have a couple new recipes I want to make and then one old one I would really like to make again as I miss them. I haven't made them in probably 10-11 years. One new recipe I want to make is similar to an old recipe I made the jelly thumbprints....but going to try this one. And then Peanut Butter Blossoms is one I used to make and always enjoyed. I also want to search down a recipe for gluten-free cookies as a family member will need those with all the gluten goodies around -- she needs something for her. So I will be checking out a favorite read to see if I can come up with something.

I always enjoy baking Christmas goodies. I make up plates and containers for friends and family. I also want to make scones as gifts. So I see quite a bit of baking in the near future.

No comments: