Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Book Review: Summer People

Summer People Summer People by Marge Piercy

My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Susan and Willie are a husband and wife that live on the Cape with a little house next to theirs that houses their long time lover Dinah. Every summer the Cape is invaded by wealthy neighbors and Susan longs to be one of them. She ends up obsessed with her neighbor and in the course of that rifts happen to upset there long time comfortable relationship.

I am a fan of Marge Piercy. I have enjoyed her poetry and several books. For me, her books really are written in such a way that I can feel and see what is going on very clearly. They make me yearn to actually have been there after I look up from the book. I was wanted to know Dinah, Willie and Susan. I wanted to shake Susan to actually see Tyrone for what he was - a snob who used her. I wanted to tell Jimmy that how he is in his relationships isn't healthy. But what I loved most was the development of the characters and the descriptions of the relationship between Dinah, Willie and Susan pre-rift.

View all my reviews.

No comments: