Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Book Review: Stamp Artistry

Stamp Artistry: Combining Stamps with Beadwork, Carving, Collage, Etching, Fabric, Metalwork, Painting, Polymer Clay, Repousse, and More Stamp Artistry: Combining Stamps with Beadwork, Carving, Collage, Etching, Fabric, Metalwork, Painting, Polymer Clay, Repousse, and More by Rice Freeman-Zachery

My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book is a project book. It gives many projects to follow along step by step. You have to have some knowledge of stamping and just crafts in general. I am really not a project following type of person. I like to go off on my own direction and this book did give me ideas and techniques to us in my art. The pictures of the projects are beautiful because the projects range from fun to exquisite. The steps seemed clear but again you need some understanding of crafts.

I went between 3 and 4 stars but gave it 4 in the end. I thought of giving it 3 because if someone bought this as simply a project book to follow along and do, I don't think some of the items are easily available or needs new supplies that one might not have around. Not all the projects are that way so that is why it got a 4 along with the other reason stated above.

Again this book inspired me and made me want to try a several new things.

View all my reviews.

No comments: