Saturday, February 23, 2008

No Gnocchi

I like cooking. I like experimenting and trying new things and most of the time I get things right or with just a little tweaking. In the last Food & Wine there was a recipe for gnocchi with meyer lemon sauce. And it looked so delicious that it inspired me to try making it. I have never made gnocchi before but as I said I like to experimenting and trying new things, but last night it didn't work out. I am not sure what exactly the problem was but my guess is the potatoes were too wet from boiling them. I know some recipes suggest steaming or baking but the Food & Wine recipe called for boiling them. It just would never form a dough. I added more flour and it still didn't. Thank goodness for warm french bread or I might have had a melt down since it just was getting a little frustrating.

I think to overcome my cooking disaster from last night I felt the need to make things I knew would be good. I made cinnamon oat bread to use in Creme Brulee French Toast. And then I also made brownies. Comfort food much? Both turned out good also.

No comments: