Friday, February 01, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today Darby and I celebrate our 5th year together. We were supposed to be out of town tonight, perhaps nestled away in our favorite locale in Santa Fe, or curled up in the snowy winterland of Ouray, Colorado. Unfortunately - as well intentioned we were, the fate of the cards were not in our favor this year. The business decided it was going to kick into over drive this week and we haven't had a chance to breathe much less recover from our already long-drawn-out colds.

But today February 1st - is a very special day for us. It marks the 5th year we've been together and still count every blessing I have that she's been apart of my life these 5 years.

Back in 2003, Darby flew out to see me and we met for the first time after having spent a few months online chit-chatting and doing the long distance phone thing. I knew from the moment I saw her at the baggage claim of Denver International Airport that something special was going on here. So ever since that first time we saw each other, we've been "celebrating" the first of every month since that day in February 2003.

We've had our rough spots, we've overcome a lot of adversity, and we believe in one another. I love her ever so dearly and I'm incredibly grateful that she puts up with me enough to where she wants to stay. We love and care about each other's family -- and thankfully our folks finally got the opportunity to meet this past October. And I don't know what I'd do without her.

I love you honey! Happy Anniversary!
Love Always,
-Michael

No comments: