Saturday, February 02, 2008

all you need is love....

Yesterday was a really good day for me....I know it was a long day for Michael but I know he did enjoy our time together. I wrote a few weeks ago that we were going to try to get out of town well obviously that didn't happen. And really I am not upset about it at all because the only thing that mattered is that I had time with Him yesterday and I did! When you own your own business, business comes first because well we have to pay bills. And this week business got swamped...Michael was really burning the candle at both ends. I am surprised his cold got any better this week with all the running around he had to do. But it is a little better. Anyway, he had to go out of town again for a little bit yesterday to return the things we picked up the other day. I stayed home and made him a surprise...I made him maple fudge that he fell in love with at Christmas. It turned out much better -- didn't crumble like it did last time.

Yesterday we were so mushy lovey dovey all day. I am sure everyone would have been sick by watching us be all googly eyed.

Today it is cold and snowing...which is probably why I woke up with a migraine because of the weather change. But because it is cold it means warm comfort food -- so a pot roast with bunches root veggies for dinner. The roast is pretty big so I am going to cut it in half and put half in the crock with some stock and onions and garlic to freeze and use later in sandwiches or soup/stew. I didn't make the red velvet cake yesterday because we were out of eggs! But we picked up some last night after dinner so I might make that tomorrow too.

No comments: