Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolution or Desire and Intention

I have never really made New Year's resolutions. I might have a very loose list of things in my head of things I want to work on, but they don't necessarily come with just the new year. They are just things in my head that I am constantly adding to, working on and doing throughout the year. I evaluate my life and think about what I want and where I want to go with my life throughout the year - not just at the new year.

The last few years I have some goals written down as I felt seeing them in black and white gives them intention and vision to do them. So I guess in fact they have been resolutions as the definition of resolution is resolving to do something or setting a course of action and being firm in determination.

Why I have never called them resolutions though is because to me a resolution is more firm or outlined and often - well I am a dreamer and think with my heart so things are always changing and moving for me. I don't always have a clear vision of how to get to where I want to go, but kind of leave it up to where the path may lead me - not always to the final goal, but something I needed anyway.

This year a good friend of mine wrote me to ask how she could support me in my new year goals. I was blown away by her kindness and generosity, but she did make me look at my goals. I am still not making clear plans or outlines really. But I am making intention.  Intention of what I desire and where I would like to go with my life. Again my path my steer me off sometimes, but I trust in the universe to guide me to my dreams, desires and intention for my life.

One of my desires for the new year is get Danielle LaPorte's Desire Map program. As always she speaks to me and with this new year of setting desires and intentions for myself it of course speaks even more clear....




No comments: