Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just a little update...

We were in Denver last week for work. It was easy for me. I sat in the hallway all day reading so that no one would walk into the filming area while they were filming. The first day we didn't know that I would be doing that and I only had a couple magazines in my bag. And I so regretted not throwing my book in my bag before we left in the morning. As I started the new book of the Outlander series. So the second day you know I brought it and enjoyed being able to read so much of it!

Michael's Dad makes the BEST sauce with meatballs. I have never tasted anything so good. They only make them once a year as it is a full day of cooking. So we gorged ourselves on that our first night in Denver.

I am watching The Holiday right now. I am trying to resist watching Love Actually until later in December as it is a good Christmas movie. And I really hope I can convince Michael to watch it with me this year. I know he would like it....even if he has doubts.

I called in one of my prescriptions over a week ago and my doctor called me to say he wanted to see me. Just to check in on how my meds were working. So while there I decided to ask about something I have been putting off going to the doctor for that has been bothering me for a long time - I mentioned it a while back about how I have a pain down my bottom and into one of my legs. It feels like a pulled muscle or pinched nerve. I hardly can stand up after sitting too long. And If I stand too long it hurts too. Bending over hurt....you get the picture. So I discussed that with him and he told me what he felt I had - gave me some exercises and also gave me prescription that is helping. My pain level today has been great. But the meds is making me feel out of it, very tired and dizzy. It feels like I am kind of in a fog. So I am hoping those symptoms get better as it gets more in my system. But if it doesn't....well maybe going down in the dosage will help. Right now I am just thrilled to have the pain level go down so much.

The new oven is GREAT! I can't believe how well things are cooking in it. Turkey dinner turned out great. The rolls I made turned out perfect. But....for some reason my pumpkin pie didn't turn out very good. Not due to baking. It just tastes a little off almost like I didn't add sugar but I know I did because....I realized at the end that I didn't and added it. So not sure what I forgot. It isn't horrible - it just isn't as good as usual. Really though I can't wait to bake cookies!

I am going to start decorating for Christmas next week. Not sure what else is going on....making presents and getting holiday cards out. That is about it.

So...

I think I am going to sign off and actually go to bed early for me.

This weekend has been very nice. Relaxing with Michael, eating and just having a great time together laughing and talking.

No comments: