Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Oven

Well it wasn't an expense we needed right now, but there will be a new oven in the kitchen before Thanksgiving. Our oven has been acting up on and off for a long time. After researching it through a home repair book, google and a domestic group I belong to...I realized that I could possibly blow us up if I kept using it. And Michael felt that the oven didn't owe him anything as he has had it since he moved in (12 years ago) - so he felt it would just be better to get a new one. So we researched a little bit and I knew the features I would like (such as self-clean and in oven broiler instead of in the drawer under the oven). We headed out to Sears yesterday morning. We had an hour before an appointment and found the one we wanted. We bought it and arranged for delivery and install in 45 minutes. But I did leave the store feeling a little much like I was having a heart attack as it was a big purchase for us right now especially right before the holidays and with how we have been hit by the terrible economy. But it is needed - not like we can really go without an oven for a long time. Especially with the holidays for baking and thanksgiving so we were kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. So I guess I will be testing it out on Thanksgiving before getting started on holiday baking.

No comments: