Thursday, November 05, 2009

Listy List

I feel like I haven't had much to say lately. But I thought I would just do a listy update....

* We had a nice time going to Michael's brother's 50th birthday party this past weekend. We just went over for the party - made it a day trip to Denver. It was a milestone that we wanted to share with him.
* I have been missing this week due to migraines.
* A very good friend of mine gave me a kitchen knife. I had been saying a while back that one thing I don't have in my kitchen is good knives. Michael bought me a good chef's knife not too long ago. And now my friend gave me a very nice quality utility knife. It is beautiful - and feels so good in my hand. It is an amazing gift and I am humbled by her generosity and kindness.
* Michael had his doctor appointment about his knee today....and again I wonder if those that don't want a public option have ever went through not having insurance. It is too expensive for us to handle the cost right now. House payments or getting the knee fixed - house payment wins. Pre-existing conditions suck!
* I am on the waiting list at the library for The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook and the 7th book in the Outlander series. I can't wait to read both!
* I wish we had IKEA. There will be one in Denver - eventually but not until 2011 or 2012.
* I think I have decided what I am making for holiday presents. I will start making that next week.
* Michael is going to Denver for just one day. And then we go to Denver next week for several days.
* Our oven is out. It works but it isn't working right and everyone I have talked to says - don't use it because I could blow up the house. Again another reason I don't like gas appliances! It heats to the temp I want but as soon as it reaches it - it turns off. And the only way to get it to stay on is turn it up and keep turning it up.
* Of course above I just mentioned how we couldn't afford surgery for Michael and although an oven will cost much less - it still is going to hurt us. So not sure if we will be having a turkey for Thanksgiving. But hopefully we have a new one in time for holiday baking. Still not an expense we needed right now just before the holidays.
* I have caught up on my guilty pleasure - Project Runway. I think the designers and the clothing they are designing are a little boring this year. Still going to watch it but not as good as past seasons. Season 1 is still my favorite.

Well that is about all I can think of right now.

No comments: