Friday, November 13, 2009

Gratitude Friday

On facebook I am doing a daily status message of something I am thankful for so I am going to post all the ones I did this week....

Saturday - Today I am thankful Michael is coming home. Even though he was only gone for one day I missed him like crazy!

Sunday - Today I am thankful for Facebook. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to find old friends that I lost touch with throughout the years.

Monday - Today I am thankful that I will have a new oven in time for Thanksgiving.

Tuesday - Today I am thankful for Mesa County Library. Out of the 123 books I have read so far this year maybe 3 were my own books so I am thankful they save me money and also let me check out such a wide variety of book that I wouldn't have read if I had just been looking for a book in a bookstore.

Wednesday - Today would have been my Grandpa's birthday and he was a veteran. So seems only natural to be thankful for veterans on this day. Recently we had the honor of hearing stories from vets and their families about what it is like fighting in Iraq and coming home. The pain and emotion of what they go through is much more then I could ever imagine. I am truly grateful for their service but after hearing their stories, that gratitude has increased 1000 times over. They are incredibly courageous and it is truly horrifying how they are treated when they come home. We need to do more for these brave men, women...families.

Thursday - Today I am thankful for some simple pleasures....coloring books and crayons, warm socks, bagels with cream cheese and tea

And I didn't get to one today. But I think that was a good week of gratitude for so many wonderful people and things in my life.

No comments: