Monday, October 19, 2009

Book Review: The Weekend Baker

The Weekend Baker: Irresistible Recipes, Simple Techniques, and Stress Free Strategies for Busy People The Weekend Baker: Irresistible Recipes, Simple Techniques, and Stress Free Strategies for Busy People by Abigail Johnson Dodge


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This cookbook is great cookbook for those that haven't ever baked before because it gives a list of pantry essentials for baking, equipment list, good flavorings and extras to have on hand, tips and techniques to bake. Each list tells you exactly why you want to have those things or need to do those things to be a baker. The instructions for each recipe are so good for first time bakers. Very easy to understand and follow - but very thorough. This book is great for those that just are short on time and can only bake on weekends. It gives good tips on freezing and prepping to bake to make it easier. I hope to make a few more recipes before I return this cookbook to the library but have already put it on my wish list as it just has so many recipes I would like to try that sound so good.

I made these 3 recipes: (Links to photos and recipes)
Pie Pockets, Orange Butter Cake and Prescription Strength Brownies

View all my reviews >>

No comments: