Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday Re-cap and Reflection

I had a good birthday weekend. Michael started out my birthday at midnight on the dot. And had a scavenger hunt all set up for me. When he did that, while I was in the house - is BEYOND me. But he pulled it off without a hitch - okay one hitch. I can't see worth anything in the dark. And he sent me outside and I couldn't figure it out because of not being able to see in the dark. And there was even a little light from the street light but still couldn't figure it out. So he had to come rescue me.

Then for breakfast he made his famous omelets. It is something I can't make but he makes a killer omelet. He put lots of red bell peppers in mine...which are my favorite. I would eat them on almost everything if I could. I made homemade pizza with chicken spinach sausage and roasted red bell peppers on it for dinner. We are going to go out to dinner this week. I didn't want to fight the crowd we would have on a Sunday.

I made Robert Redford for dessert instead of a cake. Robert Redford is a layer of crust, then a cream cheese layer, then a homemade chocolate pudding layer and topped with cool whip. I will be posting that recipe and photos soon.

I feel though I am going through a lot of reflection of my life right now. And that is normal for this time of the year - my birthday causes me to do that. I don't feel at all depressed about turning 42 this year - which is a good thing. But I am doing a little reassessment of my life and things I haven't accomplished and want to. That kind of made me depressed. But I need to do. I checked out a book that I hope will help me in writing up my goals and trying to work through it realistically.

So that is where I am at....very good birthday! Thank you EVERYONE for the well wishes, cards and presents. I am a very lucky woman to have so many wonderful people in my life....I feel very blessed!

Also a very Happy Birthday to my baby sister tomorrow! Happy Birthday April! I love you!

No comments: