Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wet Dough

Well living in the altitude makes cooking an adventure...

I have made the master dough recipe from Artisan Bread Five Minutes a Day 3 times now - as of yesterday. And well this batch turned out totally different.

The first two times were pretty much the same. I had to use less flour and more water. This time I used more flour and I am still wondering if it is too wet. I haven't made bread from it yet. I will today so I will see how it goes. Oh and there is more of it in the container then there has been the other two times.

Picture of the wet dough...which is what they call it in the book so maybe it is how it is suppose to be...

1 comment:

Zoe Francois said...

Thanks for trying out the bread recipes. I am so curious how it will come out in the high altitudes. You may find some helpful tips at our website http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/?p=144

Thanks and be in touch.

Zoƫ Francois (co-author Artisn Bread in Five Minutes a Day)
https://twitter.com/zoebakes