Monday, September 29, 2008

Doing Not Thinking Challenge

So an update on my progress for the Doing Not Thinking Challenge:
1. I am up to 96 books. (but not counted in there is all the repeat books...like Twilight and also Eat Pray Love which I just finished for the 4th time this year.)
2. Did a batch of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day dough and it didn't really turn out very well. But I figured out what was different from the other times I made it. I made it the first 2 times with unbleached bread flour and this time I made it with unbleached all purpose which is what the master recipe suggests. But I guess in higher altitude the protein in bread flour helps or at least something in the bread flour helped. The problem I had with the all purpose flour was that it didn't raise and it was too wet to handle.
3. Finally got around to this one and made some homemade hot dog buns. We ate them with brats on night for dinner last week. They turned out really well for a first attempt. (Pictures here)

No comments: