Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Finally...

So one of the goals I made for the Doing Not Thinking Challenge is making buns. I make a few things that they can be used for....grilled brats, Italian sausages with marinaria and peppers, steak sandwiches (take steak or london broil and slice up and put in the crock with peppers and onions and serve on buns with cheese). Even chili dogs are something we crave every so often. So making buns instead of buying them I thought would cheaper but also healthier if I made them. I finally made it around to tackling that goal this week.

I did a recipe that I found in The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook. It mixed the dough in the bread machine and then is taken out for the final steps.

For a first time I don't think they turned out too bad. Not all the same size but I am sure that will come with practice.

Michael was at a conference on Sunday and Monday but I couldn't wait to have one so I made myself a hotdog for dinner last night. And then tonight we had brats on them served with doctored baked beans. Michael raved that the buns tasted incredible so I guess that is a good thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those buns are gorgeous! They look oh so yummy too... Just wow.

Carolyn said...

I made buns too this year.They taste alot better whenyou make them don't they?