Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Book Review: The Host

The Host: A Novel The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer

My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I liked Twilight series. It is geared for young adults but I was one of the many adults that enjoyed it. I was worried Meyers wouldn't really capture an adult auidence but this story and how it is told is amazing. I am going to even go as far as saying it was better then the Twilight series and I am huge vampire fan but this book just nailed it on so many levels for me.

I read this book in two nights. I probably could have finished it in one night if I had started it a little earlier in the evening. It was a little slow and hard to follow at first but then it just pulled me into the story. It made me laugh, cry and really feel for all the characters.

Wanderer is kind and smart. She is emotionally and mentally strong. With a big heart...she doesn't want to hurt anyone. She thinks of others first. While she was the character that I liked the most, there are other characters great characters. Melanie is strong and tough - both physically and emotional. She is most like I think the average human. If in the same sitaution they would act like her. Ian was another character I enjoyed also almost more then any of the other male. Because he was able to see what the group was doing to Wanda. He changed and saw beyond the human's fears.

I felt the characters were developed well. They suffer and their core ethics and morality are tested but provide emotional release and show those better parts of ourselves. Love conquers all --- even across species. That isn't exactly a new theme, but Meyer really tells great story bringing the situation to life - transporting us through it.
View all my reviews.

No comments: