Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Bit Sleepy...maybe more then a bit...

Okay so late Thursday afternoon we were suppose to leave for Denver. We were doing a live webcast on Friday for a conference. Michael decided to test one thing before we left...well...it didn't work. And it ended up messing up something else which would end up messing up something....you see the pattern right? So he spent all afternoon and evening trying to fix it. We were suppose to be setting up at 7am on Friday morning in Denver. We live in Grand Junction 4 hours away. So 10:30pm comes and I finally say that it is probably best we go to bed and get at least some sleep before getting on the road at 3am and lets pray for it to work in Denver. Michael agreed so we went to bed and slept until 2am. Got up - showered, loaded the car and started towards Denver. We got to Denver a little before 7am.

Michael figured out a way to patch things together to make it work for the conference. So we did the webcast until 3pm when the conference ended. We packed up all the equipment and got out of there about 4pm to head back to Grand Junction because we had a wedding to film on Saturday. We arrived home about 8:15pm on Friday and went to bed by 9pm. Saturday morning wedding day filming started with the being at hair salon at 10:30am to film the bride. So were up about 8am to get some things done before heading there. We then were on the go and working until 11pm last night.

So needless to say today we are kind of tired. We did manage to drag ourselves out of bed to go our favorite breakfast splurge that is only available on Sunday at Rockslide Brewery (they don't have a website or I would link to it). It has really good food fresh food. So we went there this morning and toasted with mimosas for surviving the weekend.

After we came home, I did a few chores (dishes starting to stack up from our grabbing quick bite and then running out again) and then I went to crash. I slept all afternoon. And really felt like I could have kept on sleeping but I worried that I might not sleep tonight. I made a lasagna the end of July and put half in the freezer - let me tell you how thankful I am for that lasagna today so I don't have to cook dinner tonight. We have a busy week ahead of us too so I am hoping that this day of rest helps me get through it.

No comments: