Monday, July 21, 2008

Denver Trip

We are back from Denver. Now it is catch up time for work. Being away for so long really makes things a little crazy when we get back.

But we also had a nice time in Denver. I saw my friend DM and her partner. It was great to see them! The time went to quickly for me though. I wish I could have spent more time with them. I felt like I wanted to talk about so much and time just kind of got away from me. But I am still thrilled that I was able to see them even for that short of time. Getting time with them both made my week!

Most of our week consisted of meetings. We got quite a bit accomplished while there. On Saturday morning Michael took a look at some pictures that were ruined. Michael's parents basement flooded and they had been sitting on the floor so they were ruined. Michael looked to see if he could think of a way to salvage them. One was a photo of a stain glass window that Michael's Gram was given for her good works with the youth of her church. That photo was ruined so with some pooled resources Michael and his Mom were able to track the window down. And Michael called to see if we could go take pictures of it. As it turned out the church was open so we went down to take pictures of it. It is a beautiful stain glass window in a very cute little church so I am glad Michael was able to get pictures. They turned out great. We then dropped one off at Wolf's Camera for 1 hour development and then ran to Michael's Arts and Crafts to get a frame for it. And then got another frame for the other photo which Frank took of Maroon Bells. So it was not only a productive day but a touching day seeing the stain glass in person. Michael's parents thanked us many times for helping them with the photos and frames.

Of course while in Denver we always seem to hit good places to eat! Michael's parents took us to Jim 'N Nick's BBQ for dinner. Yummy! I had never been there but everyone else had and Michael kept telling me how good it was and he was right. I didn't leave hungry. We also went to a really good vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Denver with my friends as they are vegan. The food there was beautiful. I had banana bread french toast with toasted walnuts and fruit. I had planned on getting a sandwich but then saw that on the menu and it was calling my name! We also got to have Beau-Jo's Pizza while over -- met family there. Michael's sister needed glutten-free and they had a whole page of menu devoted to glutten-free - even glutten free pizza. And she said it was pretty good for being glutten free --- and now knows when she is craving pizza where to go.

So we are back and busy working. I have several websites going and a logo to work on too. Michael has quite a few projects too so we are busy.

No comments: