Saturday, May 31, 2008

Book Review: Veronika Decides to Die

Veronika Decides to Die: A Novel of Redemption (P.S.) Veronika Decides to Die: A Novel of Redemption by Paulo Coelho


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Veronika decides she wants to die because she doesn't want every day to be the same as it has been. She feels she has experienced all she will experience so there is no point to live and so gets sleeping pills to try to kill herself. The book ends up discussing Veronika and several other patients of a mental hospital.

Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite authors. Although I thought this book was interesting. I didn't like how it ended. I felt like it was chopped off. I thought some of the thoughts and concepts discussed were true to life experiences and feelings regarding mental health. As always he provides views that aren't new but still good to read/go over again and remember the lessons.

View all my reviews.

No comments: