Saturday, May 24, 2008

Book Review: The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes

The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes (Mira Hardbacks) The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
"Twenty-eight years ago a North Carolina governor's young, pregnant wife was kidnapped. Now her remains have been found and a man charged with her murder. Only one person -- CeeCee Wilkes -- can refute the charges against him. But CeeCee disappeared years ago . . ." (from summary on goodreads.com)



I thought the young naive CeeCee was a believable character. I felt the pain of losing her mother at such a young age. I loved the letters her Mother left her to tell her what to expect from life - giving her the advice a Mom would give their daughter through her years of growing up. I understood how although CeeCee is a very smart young woman she fell for Tim and the story he told her. I really enjoyed the character development of her throughout the book. I was disappointed with the character development of Cory. I mean I understood why she had phobias without explanation. But I wish they would have been shown or explained exactly what caused them.



I read this book in 2 nights. I really could have finished it one but decided to savor it a little bit. I enjoyed the characters, storyline, twists and turns of this page turner. It was an easy read because it pulled me into the story right away from those first pages. It is a book that I would read again


View all my reviews.

No comments: