Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Book Review: Courage Tree

Courage Tree Courage Tree by Diane Chamberlain


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I have been on a Diane Chamberlain kick. This one out of all the books I have read of hers was my least favorite but it still was a good story."Sophie Donohue is the wise-beyond-her-years child. Janine is the mother wolf who courageously admits her child into the clinical trial of a new medicine against the advice of her ex-husband, Joe, and her cynical parents." Because Sophie is doing so well on the clinicial trail Janine her mother allows Sophie to go to a summer camp. On the way home there is a car accident and Sophie gets lost in the woods after it. This book started right into the plot and I really liked that. I thought it would start with lots of back story and then get to the main plot. But it started into the action and interwoven into it was the back story so that was a nice change and made it easy for me to read. I didn't like one plot line implication -- as I knew it wasn't going to turn out how she was foreshadowing. But it made me uncomfortable. But still over all -- enjoyed the book. Easy read, good plot, page turner.


View all my reviews.

No comments: