Thursday, November 09, 2006

Presents for the Kitty Cats!

I showed off the beautiful and oh SO warm knitted socks my friend K made me for my birthday, but I didn't get to show off the presents she made the cats! She made 2 knitted yarn mice stuffed with nip. Thank you so much K! That was so sweet of you!

Both our cats love toys but Caesar our golden cat has a few that are as we call them....his "babies." He brings them to us to play. No not really that he wants to play long but he just wants to say, "hey here is my toy I played did you see me." Well the yarn mice can now be counted as his babies. Usually what will happen is one of his babies with be in the office or the living room and during the day and then during the night when of course he wants to play he will bring them into the bedroom trying to wake us to play. He meows quite loud at times and has woken me.

I haven't been able to capture him playing with one of the yarn mice yet because of course when he is I go to get the camera and by the time I get back him he is done.

Chessie our little girl cat decided while we were watching CNN the other night to play. And I happened to have the camera right next to me! So all the pictures in this post with the yarn mice are Chessie.


And this is with the other yarn mouse.
Now she is too tired to play anymore.
I wish I would have got the camera turned on fast enough but she had her head resting over the yarn mouse while she slept. And of course when she heard me turn the camera on she popped her head up and gave me a dirty look.
And of course I need one of Caesar. He was lying on a blanket between us while we watched election coverage on CNN. He never like Michael and I sitting next to each other - he has to be in the middle.

2 comments:

k said...

You know... I never tire of looking at these cuties! I'm so glad they like the toys!

Darby said...

K, I am so glad that you don't tire of looking at them. We kind of like them too! :) They love the toys. I actually should see if I saved the picture. EVERY time I got to get the camera to take a picture of Caesar playing with the toy he is of course walking away from it -- he knows. But I actually took a picture of him walking away this time - like saying fine you don't want me to capture you playing with the toy I will take the picture anyway! I am hoping my reverse psychology works on him and I am able to capture a picture soon! lol