Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November is halfway done already??

Man where does the time go?

It's already the middle part of November, Thanksgiving is but a stones-throw away, and yet everything just seems like it's moving along at a rapid click.. The knee has its up and down days. Insurance alternatives are dragging their heels - which - doesn't improve one's demeanor any. Still, the knee is generally doing better than it has been.

Business wise it has been very busy. The funny part is - while I had it all planned out to do video-work, my demands have been anything but video. Someone asked me what I've been doing and I replied: "oh, a webdesigner, an investigator, a consultant, a computer assistant, a photographer...." But no video work as of yet. I'm not really concerned yet though - because the knee has hindered that arena somewhat. If I was more mobile - I would be aggressively marketing, going out and meeting folks to let them know I'm out here. As November winds down, I'm also gearing up to figure out the best approach for the upcoming wedding season for 2007. The business stuff I have now is GREAT, but it would be nice to get back into video work.

I still have demo-related material to put together, but finding time in between this that and the other has proven to be a little tricky lately. Not that the holiday season is going to interrupt that any. (rolls eyes)

My folks came over from Denver a couple of weeks ago to put our swamp cooler to bed for the season. We're very grateful they came over and helped with that nagging project. We should be set for the rest of the year. It was a great visit and we're glad they spent an extra day just to doodle around with us.

We haven't gotten to do a lot of traveling in the last few weeks - mainly because we put so many miles on for our trek up to North Dakota and back. Plus the fact I think we were about "traveled out" after that. We did do a day trip up over Douglas Pass though and made a good day out of it. Believe it or not - it doesn't impede the business much - as I'm able to work after we get home, sometimes late into the night without falling behind.

But if anything substantially positive has happened since my departure from the state - it's been my state of mind. I'm much more relaxed now, a lot less stressed, and I'm actually enjoying waking up each day and looking forward to how the day turns out. A far cry from waking up and beginning the drumming routine of eat, work, work work, eat, home, sleep. The hours are controlled, the pace in which we do things are controlled and we're making it happen -- and that's the great thing. :)

Just being able to spend more time with Darby has been a godsend. She's had it rough being around me the past three years and now that I'm out of that mess - we're finally able to start enjoying together time again. One doesn't always see the bad things we do to one another until we're free of them. She stayed true by my side during the whole time and I'll never forget that.

I am thankful in so many ways this year. (I love you honey!)
-Michael

No comments: