Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Peace

We got this catalog a few weeks ago and truth be told although I love catalogs/magazines I hadn't a chance to look at it. One reason it was made out in Michael's name which usually means computer, video, photography, or random geek stuff. But tonight I was watching water boil (literally - as I was making dinner) and saw that catalog sticking out from his pile of junk mail so I pulled it out and looked at it...

Oh I am so glad I did...

Syracuse Cultural Workers: TOOL FOR CHANGE

It cards, buttons, calendars, posters, totes, bookmakers, t-shirts all geared to making changes for better a better world.....bring peace to all.

Some of the quotes used:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world." ~ Margaret Mead

"Paper crane, I will write peace on your wings and you will fly all over the world." ~ Sadako Sasaki

"Guardians...I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred, but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature, as a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder , as an architect of peace." ~ Diane Ackerman


It is definitely a place I want to buy from!

No comments: