Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tomato Salad


We had a BBQ to go to a couple weeks ago.  It was a lot of fun socializing with this group of people.  We are so thankful that we were invited and made it back from Denver in time to go.

Of course about a week before the party, I started thinking about what to bring but was really not coming up with anything that was sounding very good to me. I wanted something easy to do as we would be just back from Denver so didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen.  I was flipping through an old Food & Wine magazine and came across a recipe that I adapted because it wasn't exactly what sounded good to me - as I don't like blue cheese and I didn't like the sound of dijon vinaigrette at that moment - but I am sure it would be good with it too.

Tomato Salad
3 lbs tomatoes at least 3 different kinds chopped- I did 4 kinds
1/2 lb cooked bacon - crumbled
1 small container feta cheese
balsamic vinaigrette - to taste - start with 1/2 cup and keep moving up

Toss all ingredients to mix.

Refrigerate any leftovers - if there are any.  We came home with less than 1/2 cup.

No comments: