Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek

Oh my gawd I don't think I came out of a movie so excited in a long time. I loved it. I really did want to walk back in and see again right away. I want to be able to have it on DVD right NOW so I can watch it over and over. I am seriously not even a huge Star Trek fan. I mean I have always liked it but it has been one of those things I could give or take it. But this I loved and want more.

I am not even sure I know why I liked it so much. I just thought they all did so great - the cast. I mean Karl Urban was channeling DeForest Kelley. Which some might not like but I LOVED - I laughed so much at his lines because he was so Bones! Perfect! I wonder how JJ Abrams even saw him in that role as Urban's other roles are so tough and stoic. I love Urban in his other roles - drooled over him many times but I would have never though he could be Bones. Christopher Pine did a great James T. Kirk. I really didn't know him before. I mean I have seen him other things but not paid much attention to him. But I thought he did great in this role. We just have been watching Heroes recently so knew Zachary Quinto from there and I knew he would do a good Spock. And I feel he did. It was a slightly different Spock but one I really enjoyed.

When the credits were going, I was surprised to see a couple of names....I had no idea Wionna Ryder was Spock's Mom. Same with Eric Bana who I really like and can't wait to see in Time Traveler's Wife as Henry. I didn't even get that he was Nero through the whole movie.

Of course I was picking out JJ Ambram's Alias cast - Oz Perkin's was in season 4 just a few episodes. Amanda Foreman was in several seasons as Marshal's wife. And then Rachel Nichols was a main character in the last season of Alias. I saw a couple other people that I think were just one timer's on Alias. Like the guy that Kirk gave his motorcycle to was on Alias once. Yes I am an Alias fan.

So yes I liked it! I really was squeeing when we got to the car.

On a sidenote - the Terminator movie was one of the pre-views...the ships in the trailer look like the Firefly...Joss Whedon's Firefly ship.

No comments: