Saturday, May 02, 2009

Quick Wit

I am not a person that has quick wit. I wish I was but I just don't have it. The other day though we were in the car and I told Michael that although I am going to miss him next week when he goes out of town, that I was looking forward to getting a lot accomplished. It isn't that I don't get things accomplished when he is here. I just still am having problems balancing working for him - his business and being my happy homemaker-self which I was before he owned his business and worked outside home. And so when he is away I have a focus that I can't have when he is here.

He jokingly did crying sounds and whining that I wasn't going to miss him and that I wouldn't remember him at all when he walked back in the door after being away. I came back with - "I have pictures of you, so I know what you look like." I said it so seriously and Michael's mouth just hung open for a moment and then we both just started laughing. It could be one of those: "you had to be there moments" I guess but it was a surprising moment for me.

No comments: