Saturday, November 22, 2008

Art & Food

Today we were up early and out of the house for a Saturday. We had to go do some errands before going to The Gallery B&B's Art Show. It might be the last one of its kind as they are closing the Bed and Breakfast and 2 of their in house artists are moving to a new studio. So we really wanted to be there and support all of them as we have always loved all the art shows they have put on and they are just good people. I picked up a little bowl for Michael's office for his birthday - which he knows about since he was there and said he liked it. And we also got an art piece by Mary Mansfield. I really beautiful mixed media piece that we are probably going to hang in our bedroom.

They always have food out there at the shows one thing was ham with cream cheese spread on it and then wrapped around a pickle. It was really good. So I was telling the ladies there about something I made for a meeting that Michael went to...BLT Roll-ups. The BLT roll-ups was new for me. I was reading another roll up recipe that had bacon and thought why not BLTs. They ended up tasting pretty good. But I never can make my roll ups look perfectly round like most photos I see of them. Anyway....I mixed 1/2 cup of cream cheese (I used low fat cream cheese), 1/4 cup ranch dressing (also light), 1/4 cup mayo (and again light), 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and spread that on tortillas (used 8 tortillas total - I think). I cooked up a whole package of bacon but didn't use 5 slices. I broke the bacon up into little pieces and sprinkled on top of the cream cheese layer. I then chopped some greens up and sprinkled that on as the last layer. Rolled up and cut into bit size pieces - securing with toothpicks.

Here is a picture of them...



Side note: I love that plate I got it for $1 when we were out shopping while my parents were here for my birthday.

No comments: