Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yes we can!

Okay well today did it....I have been kind of holding back my political opinions and choices because I just felt like it is obvious this country needs a serious change and I think most people out there agree with that one. I had been leaning towards Edwards and Obama. But I just have been kind of watching from the sidelines through these primaries but today a friend posted a youtube video and a link to a NY Times article that sent it over for me. I felt that spark of passion and hope that REAL change can happen.

I remember Michael and I watching Obama speak years and years ago and looking at each other after -- inspired and amazed. We didn't like though at that time he stumbled over the words. The words really rocked but they just weren't delivered well. Well I think he has had some practice as watching this youtube video I actually cried. I cried because as I said above hope and passion were sparked in watching him.

So here is Obama's victory speech after the South Carolina primary



And here is an even more passionate article from Caroline Kennedy that had me in tears at the title.

Ending with a little quote from Obama in his victory speech in South Carolina:

"Out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope; and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can’t, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people in three simple words:

Yes. We. Can."

No comments: